Friday, August 1, 2014

Glamour Doll Eyes : Swatches & Review


Back on track and ready for more indies! This week I'm going to be talking about Glamour Doll Eyes, who I've actually had experience with in the past. Many moons ago, I used to be subscribed to their OTM service, where they would send you an exclusive color each month for a set price. I didn't know much about indies back then and I definitely didn't know how to apply them, so I got those few months of colors and had no idea what to do with them. So, when I saw on Reddit that the owner, Vee, was offering shadows for review, I snapped up the opportunity. After a few emails back and forth (and a few days), I got a little bubble mailer filled with my eye shadow choices. As always, this review is my honest opinion and I received no compensation for my opinions on these shadows!


The shadows I chose were Vulnerable, Bittersweet, Oddity, Mushroom, Just Bitten, and Brown Eyed Girl. Glamour Doll Eyes sells unblended eye shadows, which means that they aren't unique to GDE, but I chose six shadows that are unique to GDE. I swatched all of these shadows of NYX Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil (just to switch things up) and they all stuck to it very well.

All of the shades were accurate to what I saw in the pot and the only color that wasn't at full opacity immediately was Vulnerable, but it was still fairly opaque. Applying the colors to swatch was a breeze, but they are also really easy to apply to the eye. Perhaps I was just more careful this time, but I didn't feel like there was a massive amount of fall out with these shadows while applying, but there was definitely some (just like with most loose shadow). Having worn these shadows for the past few days, I can say that they do last all day with a primer underneath and can last through an entire soccer game. The only negative thing that I have to say about them, and it's hardly a negative, is that you must absolutely use a sticky base for these to adhere to. Like I said, that's hardly a negative, especially with loose shadow, but it is necessary with these to get decent pigmentation.





Vulnerable is a warm, peachy champagne shade that works really well as a brow and inner corner highlight. If you also wanted a very neutral, subtle eyeshadow, you could just sweep this over the lid.





Bittersweet is a warm toned taupe that would work well as an all over lid color.





Oddity is a bright acid green with loads of golden sparkle.





Mushroom is a cooler toned, grayish taupe shade.





Brown Eyed Girl is a really complex, wonderful shades that bounces between a slightly reddish purple to an almost brown shade. This shade makes me think of my best friend who happens to have brown eyes.





Just Bitten is a purple tinged burgundy shade.




And a few looks...



Oddity all over the lid with Vulnerable in the inner corner and on the brow bone (Illamasqua Heroine in the crease).



Brown Eyed girl on the lid with Just Bitten in the outer corner and brought through the crease.

Also! Sorry about the insane brows; I'm growing them out until the end of August and then getting them shaped. Only 22 more days of this nonsense...


And I'll send you off with a gif of the shadows! Let me know if you have any questions of comments!

xx, 
BisousDarling

1 comment: