Wednesday, April 23, 2014

This Week

Hey Guys!

As you've probably noticed, I haven't posted anything this week. I'm pretty bogged down right now since I'm getting ready for a trip to LA. There won't be any posts this week, but I will be back to normal posting next week.

After my post on the Chikuhodo brushes, I got some feedback on the high cost of the brushes. It's one of those things that can be hard to explain unless you know how brushes are manufactured and what they are made out of. Most of your everyday, run of the mill brushes are made in mass production with synthetic, pony, or goat hair (goat is usually nicer and therefore more expensive). In mass production like this, the bristles are cut to create a uniform shape, which can result in a rougher brush. Even if the bristles are laser cut, it still isn't as nice as a completely cut free brush. I thought I would post a link to a Beautylish article about how Wayne Goss' brushes are made. They're also made in Kumano, where Chikuhodo is made (I think that Chikuhodo might make Wayne Goss' brushes, but don't quote me on that), so this gives a pretty nice little idea of the work that goes into these handmade brushes. Check it out here.

That's all I've got for the time being and I'll see you guys next week!

Bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment