Friday, March 7, 2014

Trish McEvoy 24-hr Shdaow Sticks : Tried & True


Hey, remember that time that I didn't post on Thursday because I got home from work and was really tired and cranky? Me too... sorry about that. Anyhow, I'm making it up to you by posting twice today, hooray! I also have a post planned for later this weekend, so hold on for that as well. Today, I'm talking to you about what is probably my most favorite discovery from all of 2013; Trish McEvoy's 24 hour Shadow Sticks. These things are gold to me and it makes me oh so very sad and happy that it only comes in four colors (if it came in more, I would be flat broke from buying them all).

Topaz on the left, Smoky Quartz on the right

If you follow my blog at all, then you might know that I have a small obsession with shadow sticks. I love their ease of use, their portability, the fact that they're hard to break, and that they're (generally speaking) gorgeous. Well, Trish McEvoy's don't fall short in any of those categories and in fact, go above and beyond any of the other shadow sticks that I have.

I, for one, am not a huge fan of matte shadow sticks; they just aren't my thing. All of the shadow sticks that I own, Trish or otherwise, have at least some amount of shimmer to them. Trish's are very shimmery, but not to the point where it looks ridiculous; just glossy and pretty. They glide onto your lid like butter and although they set beautifully, it does take a few moments, so you have plenty of time to blend them out and work with them a bit. Once they do set, however, they are literally staying in place for 24 hours without creasing (they don't even crease on me without primer) or fading. 

I have two shades, Topaz and Smoky Quartz, and the other two shades are a cream and a grey (I don't have much interest in those two shades, hence why I don't own them). Topaz is the first one that I purchased and I think that after I bought it, it's all I wore for almost two weeks straight. The color is flattering on my green/grey eyes and like I described above, the wear time is amazing. I bought Smoky Quartz next, after having seen it on a PixiWoo tutorial, and it did not fail me either. It's somewhat similar to Laura Mercier's Amethyst, but I think it's a bit prettier (therefore better!).

Topaz (L); Smoky Quartz (R)

If you've never tried a cream shadow stick or even if you have, I would definitely recommend checking these out. They are a bit pricey at $32 a piece, but you are genuinely paying for quality with these. I am in love with my Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks, but I love Trish McEvoy's 24-hr Shadow Sticks even more. These shades will definitely be repurchased once they run out!

EDIT: My mistake, there are 5 shades of this product now! They introduced a newer shade called Rose Quartz (and it's calling my name!).

No comments:

Post a Comment