Friday, December 6, 2013

Jouer Creme Eyeshadow Crayon : Product Review


I am a big fan of Jouer products. I love the Matte Moisture Tint and used it pretty much every other day this past summer. I think that their eye shadows are great, I think that their blushes are great, and I like their lip conditioner and (sort of like) lipglosses. I picked up the Creme Eyeshadow Crayon through the Birchbox shop because I have been on a major cream shadow kick recently. I was so excited when this came, but the results weren't exactly what I was expecting. Keep reading to find out more.


The Facts

Price: $24
Amount of Product: .07 oz.
Number of Shades: 5
Claim: "Jouer Crème Eyeshadow Crayons in 5 beautiful, wearable colors. Effortless application and rich pearl finish, this fast-drying formula is designed to prevent creasing and fading. Built-in sharpener included. Waterproof, Crease Resistant, Paraben Free, Dermatologist Tested."

Shade that I used: Renaissance

Wear Time: Not great. I know that's not a specific amount of time, but if something is going to be touted as crease resistant and made to resist fading, then I expect it to be pretty damn good. When I wore this without primer, it lasted maybe 5 hours before creasing; with primer, it lasted about 9.

Does it deliver on its claim? No. I don't think that this is incredibly fast drying or crease resistant and fading is not prevented without the use of a separate primer. It might be waterproof, but it removes easily with makeup remover, so I can't be certain on that claim.2

Thoughts:  I had extremely high hopes for this item since I know and love Jouer and I know and love creme shadow sticks, but it was a pretty big let down. Like I said above, without a primer, this maybe lasts for 5 hours without creasing. I'm not talking about slight creasing, I mean like massive, heavy, color migration creasing. I do have slightly oil lids, but nothing out of the ordinary. I can wear Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks, Trish McEvoy 24hr Creme Shadow Sticks, and Maybelline Color Tattoos without primer and without creasing. When I did wear this with primer, the creasing didn't happen so fast, but it did happen eventually. 

Something else about these sticks that was a bit annoying was the fact that my shade, Renaissance, didn't glide very easily. It is very pigmented, but it wasn't effortless to pull it across my lid; instead it tugged a bit and made it so it had to be blended out thoroughly. Renaissance is meant to be very plummy, but when blended, it turns to kind of a muddy purple brown. It made a great base color for NYX's Rust eyeshadow, but I want to be wowed by the stick's color, not its ability to transform my eye shadow.


Final Verdict: I don't plan on buying any more of these (I actually have two of these, but that's because one came damaged) and will stick with my Laura Mercier and Trish McEvoy sticks for the time being. 

If you have questions or comments, feel free to leave them below!

2 comments:

  1. What a pity, I really love the way that the color looks in your swatch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It swatches beautifully, which is why it's such a shame that it doesn't wear better! If you like the way this looks though, you might like Amethyst from Laura Mercier's Caviar Sticks. They're $26 a pop, but they last forever and wear like a dream. I would describe Amethyst as a mauve-y taupe with shimmer; absolutely gorgeous!

      Delete