Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Ombré Lips : Tutorial


Remember when I did this the first time and said "If you want a tutorial, let me know!"? Well, here I am getting around to this tutorial. I decided to do this as a pictorial tutorial because the lighting is better than when I film with my janky 100 euro camera that I picked up in France 3 years ago. It's a very, very easy concept, but you need to make sure that you're using products that you're comfortable with. I'm showing you how to do this with reds, but you can use any shade to achieve an ombre. Light pink and dark pink would make an adorable combo! I, myself, would stay away from nudes since it would make me look like I just ate chocolate chip cookies and missed a few spots when wiping my mouth. Keep scrolling down to find out how to achieve this look!


First off, I line the center of my lips with a fairly true red lip pencil. You don't have to use anything fancy for this, just use whatever lip liner is your favorite. I'm using a Sephora brand liner, but I also love Jordana Easyliners (and they're something like $2.99 at Walgreens).


I then go in with my red lipstick, which for this tutorial is Kate Moss for Rimmel in shade 01, and apply it directly to my lips.


It's hard to tell the color difference here, but I went in on the outer corners of my lips with a slightly darker red liner. Yes, that's liner on the outer corners! This step is optional if you have a really bangin' dark wine colored lipstick (like... NARS Train Bleu). My wine colors lipstick can apply a bit patchy, so I do this to make sure that it won't show up like a blotchy mess.


I then apply my dark wine colored lipstick on the outer corners. I use a discontinued Smashbox Be Legendary lipstick, but anything lovely and dark will work.


And I blend it in. I usually just use my fingers, but if you don't want to do that, I would recommend something slightly fluffier than your typical lip brush. I use a cheap E.L.F. eyeshadow brush when I don't want to get my hands dirty.


And there it is! Questions, comments? Let me know down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment