Thursday, September 26, 2013

Face of the Day : Creme de Couture Collection


This is a FOTD and a continuation of the first impressions post yesterday. I used the eye shadows from the Crème de Couture palette for the first time today, so I have a few thoughts about them now. Scroll down to read more.





(p.s. I have no idea why there is an orange cast under my eyes. It's not there in real life!)

For my eye look today, I used Apricot Flower, Passion Fruit, and Café au Lait; Apricot flower is all over the lid, Passion Fruit in the crease, and Café au Lait in the outer corner and under the eye. I used NARS Smudgeproof primer with NYX Milk over that and then applied the shadow. Since Apricot Flower is one of the lighter shades in the palette, it did take a bit of patience to build up the color, but it stayed and smooth and not chalky through multiple layers of application. I only used Passion Fruit to blend the edges out a bit and to give a little depth to the crease; it makes a great, warm-toned blending shade that I can see my self using for a lot of looks. Café au Lait is much more pigmented and it only took a light application to darken the outer corner of my eye and only one brush stroke under the eye.

I used Cherry Apple on my cheeks, with a much lighter touch this time, and am a lot happier with the application. I applied several light layers of it to build it up to the shade that I wanted.

Questions, comments? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment