Thursday, August 1, 2013

Jasmine Eyes : Tutorial


I don't know if I've ever referenced, on the blog, I know have on Facebook, the fact that I am a Reddit user. I frequent Makeup Addiction over there and I recently took place in a makeup exchange. My partner sent me the Jasmine quad from the Disney Princess for Sephora collection. The colors are gorgeous, so I decided to put together a look!




As for products used:

1) Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation in 810
2) Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser
3) L'Oréal True Match Super Blendable Powder
4) Sephora Buffing Brush
5) Smashbox Baby Kabuki Brush (this comes for free with the Halo Powder)


1) Tarte 360 Creaseless 12 hr Eye Primer
2) Sephora Disny Princess Collection Jasmine Quad
3) Ulta Liner in a dark purple color (...I can't remember the name!)
4) Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara
5) Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara
6) Sephora Crease Brush
7) Sephora Professionals Angled Liner Brush
8) Sephora Professionals Small Shadow Brush
9) MAC 219
10) The fluffly side of the Bare Minerals Dual Ended Brush


1) NARS Bronzer in Laguna
2) Kat Von D Everlastin Blush in Belissima
3) L'Oréal Colour Riche Lipcolour in Blushing Berry
4) Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss (discontinued... noooooo)
5) Sephora Blush Brush


Rocking that full face tutorial today! Sans maquillage.


This is definitely more than I apply on a day to day basis, but since it's on film, I apply more makeup. I apply this like every other foundation and dot it on with the heaviest concentration in the middle of my face.


And then buffed it out.


And applied my under eye concealer and powder. I apply my powder with a kabuki brush since it can pack a lot of powder and I don't have to sweep it across my face; I can just blot the powder on.


I primed my lids and using my fluffy end of the Bar Minerals brush, applied the lightest shade from the quad all over my lid extending up the brow bone.


I worked a bit of the light purple shade onto the outer corner and into the crease. You can hardly see it, but it provides a nice base for the darker purple coming up. I used the small eye shadow brush for this step.


Using the MAC 219, I pressed the dark purple into a v shape on the outer corner of my lid and worked a small amount of color into my socket.


And then blended it out using the crease brush and adding a bit more color as I went. When I blend, I make small circular motions with my brush to keep the color where I want it.


And then smudged some dark purple liner into my upper lash line.


Using the 219 again, I brought some of the dark purple under my eye and then using the small shadow brush, blended a small amount of the light purple shadow on top.


Using the same small shadow brush (which you don't have to do, you can use a clean one, I just chose not to), I picked up the blue color and applied it all the way from tear duct back to the dark purple and blended.


I then applied one coat of my Clump Crusher and then applied a cot of the Mary Kay mascara. I also winged out the liner a bit which in retrospect, I kind of regret. I don't like pencil liners for wings, but I tried it anyway. Lesson learned!


I then bronzed and blushed. I think that I explained in my last tutorial that I apply my bronzer and blush with the same brush, but in case I didn't... I apply my bronzer and blush with the same brush. I apply my bronzer first and I usually just contour with it and then apply my blush. I like for the color of my bronzer to mix in with the blush a bit to get a more cohesive look. If I want my blush color to be completely pure, I switch brushes.


I then applied the Blushing Berry lipstick and did a quick swipe of gloss on top. I am so so so  upset that Revlon felt the need to change the Super Lustrous glosses since they were, honest to god, one of the only lip glosses that I have ever truly loved. Unfortunately, there is nothing comparable in the new shades and I also am not as in love with the new formula. Womp womp.





And there you have it! I'm digging this look because I absolutely love teal/aqua/turquoise shadows, but I think that they don't look great on me. I get a lot of use out of them by adding the pop of color on my lower lash line. 

Questions, comments? Let me know down below and don't forget to enter my giveaway for the canvas print!

(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment