Thursday, August 8, 2013

Easy Sultry Look : Tutorial


A sultry look doesn't have to mean dark eyes and lips; it can be easily achieved using light and mid range shadows and bold lip! This is one of my favorite looks to play with and you can wear the eyeshadows without the lip for a daytime look or change the eyes and play with the bold lip for a statement look. However, put together, they do create a bit of a sultry look (ignore my cheesy smile above) that is easily recreated. Hit the jump for the video tutorial and more photos of the completed look.


One thing I want to touch on before I get to the photos and videos is photoshop. I read a lot of beauty blogs and I see a lot of girls using excessive amounts of photoshop on their photos. Since I work in a world where I use photoshop every day, I can recognize it even when it's fairly minimal. I just want to put this out there that I stay away from it as much as possible. I do edit my photos a bit to make the background completely white and the overall brighten the photos, but that's where I stop. Occasionally, I will get lipstick on my teeth and not realize until I'm looking at the photos, so I will edit that out. 

You guys can see in these photos that I am going through a lovely little rough patch with my skin and honestly, I'm not scared for you to see it. My skin is not perfect and it definitely never will be. I also do product testing for several different companies and that includes a lot of skincare items, which inevitably ravage my skin. 

Regardless, I just wanted to put this out there. If my skin ever looks perfect, believe me, it's just from makeup! Or, I've found a miracle skin regimen, but if that's the case, you all would hear about it first!







No comments:

Post a Comment