Thursday, July 11, 2013

Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks : Product Review


Cream eye color used to be something that I stayed away from because it always creased on me; every time, without fail, there was that lovely tell tale line across my eyelid. In recent years, cosmetics companies have really begun to perfect cream shadows and liners and have created formulas that, even without primer, do not crease at all. The Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks were something that I had heard about quite a bit on YouTube and knew that I had to pick up to try out. Keep reading to see what I thought about them!



Let me give you the facts on these bad boys first. Each caviar stick retails for $24 and there are 17 shades available at the time being, but some are only on certain sites (for example, Sephora only sells 12 of the shades, whereas Nordstrom sells 15 of them, and the Laura Mercier site has all of them). None of the sites that sell this item say how long it's meant to last, but they do all mention that it is meant to be long wearing and crease proof. 


The two shades that I have are Orchid and Sugar Frosting. I have owned Orchid for quite a while now, probably around six or seven months, and I've had Sugar Frosting for maybe two months but there hasn't been any drying on either of them (which is a good thing). Both colors slide on beautifully with an amazing amount of pigment. They are very smooth and very creamy and easily blendable. Once they set, they are pretty much stuck put, so you do need to work with them somewhat quickly, but you don't have to be speed lightning.


(Orchid on the left, Sugar Frosting on the right)

The wear on these is also pretty amazing. I've worn both shades multiple times and only run into an issue once. The issue that I did have was that if I applied these in a humid room, the shadow could dry a little bit tacky; not that it creased or didn't wear as long, but it just felt a little tacky on my lids. Every other time I've applied them though, they've been awesome.


In this photo, they are somewhat blended out and they had been on my lids for about nine hours.

Overall, these sticks are pretty much the caviar of the cream shadow world and they follow through on their promises. I recommend these for anyone looking for something new to add to their arsenal!

(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment