Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wilde Style : Tutorial


Ok, now I can show you the real tutorial for this. I shot this in a slightly different way than normal because I had pretty much given up on doing this tutorial (I was pissed after the screw up) and then decided at like 9 p.m. to do it, so I just did a minimal setup for it. This look really is easy to imitate and keep reading to find out how to do it!



Completely makeup-less! I had to wash my face to start over for this look, so why not start here. As you can see, I have that lovely zit on my cheek still, plus a new one near my nose; that's what wearing sunglasses for roughly 72 hours will do to you.


I actually used a different foundation for this look; the L'Oréal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup and I applied it with my fingers. I used this because I wanted something a little bit lighter than what I normall use.


I used this beige matte shade from a Smashbox color wheel.


I applied primer (of course) and then put that beige shade all over my lid and up to my brow. Even though there isn't much shadow used in this look, I wanted a base to make blending easier for the small amount of shadow that I would be using.


L'Oréal HIP purple eyeliner.


I just kind of slapped it on about the lash line. I know it's a bit difficult to see here, but it's thinner the closer you get to the tear duct.


Then I took it under the lower lash line as well.


If you've read for a while, you'll recognize this palette, it's the Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca palette, which is discontinued. However, the shades that I used from this are fairly basic and you should be able to find them within other brands. I used the purple, the pink, and the super shimmery beige/pearl color.


I blended the purple and shimmery beige together and applied it every that I has applied liner and made it a bit smudgy. I also went in lightly and applied it around the inner corner of my eye.




This is an Inglot pigment that I picked up a few years ago in Poland. This is pretty chunky and doesn't apply beautifully, but I thought it would go nicely with the look...


I just went through and applied that over the smudged eye shadow. I also took my angled liner brush and worked on the wing of the eyeliner a bit, just to make it a little more blended.


I added mascara and tightlined my eyes just a bit (top and bottom). I also added some pink shadow to the crease of my eye for a little added dimension.


Maybelline Dream Boundy Blush in Candy Coral


I applied the Maybelline blush to the apples of my cheeks and then went over that with Luminoso. I also took my Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer and worked it in under my cheekbones, my nose, and around my temples/hair line.


For my lips, I took my Tawny lipliner by Jordana and filled in my lips. I then applied a baby pink lipstick over the top (very lightly) and rubbed my lips together.




And there you have it! If you have any questions or comments, let me know down below!

(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)

1 comment: