Since it is finally starting to feel like spring here in lovely Kansas, it only seems right to bust out the bright colors. Rather than play with my lip shades, I decided to play up my eyes yesterday with one of my new Stila shadows. Almost all of the colors on my lids came from one shadow, but to see what I'm talking about, you'll need to keep reading...
Let's start with what I used for this look
For the eyes:
1) Tarte 360 Creaseless primer - I keep thinking I'm almost out and then more product keeps coming out of the tube. I think magical elves are refilling this tiny little tube at night while I sleep.
2) NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese (p.s. I finally found Milk, so expect that to start popping up on this site)
3) Stila Countless Color Pigment in Tie Dye
4) Stila Eye Shadow in Kitten
5) Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner
6) Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara
For the rest:
1) Be a Bombshell blush in Beach Please
2) Benefit blush in Coralista
3) CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Watermelon Twist
1) Real Techniques Shading Brush (this is really just more of a small shadow brush, I don't know why they named it as a shading brush)
2) Missha Medium Base Brush
3) Sephora Pencil Brush
4) Sephora Broad brush
5) Bare Minerals Dual Ended Brush (we'll use both ends today)
Nothing in my face routine has changed... yet. I have a new powder that I need to start testing out, but that will be in a few weeks. Once that change takes place, I'll notify you guys.
As always, prime that eyelid!
I then applied NYX's Cottage Cheese all over the lid and blended it in.
Using my small Real Techniques brush, I pressed the pink from Stila's Tie Dye into the inner third of my eyelid.
I then took my Missha brush (the medium sized one) and pressed the blue shade into the center of my lid.
Using the smaller end on my dual ended Bare Minerals brush, I blended out the blue shadow.
I then took my Sephora pencil brush (which is kind of a pencil brush, but is a bit too fluffy to be a true pencil brush) and created a v shape with the purple shadow.
I took the same Bare Minerals brush and blended the purple out.
I then took the broad brush and applied Stila's Kitten on the brown bone and in the inner corner of my eye.
Taking Stila's Stay All Day liner, I lined my eyes and created a winged liner look.
I then took the purple shade and went under the outer third of my eyes and took the blue shade and blended it in just slightly with the purple. I coated my lashes in Lancôme Hypnôse to complete my eye look.
For my blush, I decided to comine two shades to get the look I wanted. I was working with cool tones on my eyes, but I still wanted to warm my face up a bit without making the two clash. I apply Beach Please on the apples of my cheeks and then lightly applied Coralista on top and swept it back toward my hair line. It helped to warm up my complexion without having to apply bronzer.
To complete the look, I applied Watermelon Twist to my lips to make them pop, but not draw attention away from my eyes.
And that's the completed look. Is this something you guys would try out? Let me know in the comments down below!
(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)