Thursday, May 16, 2013

Macadamia Leave in Cream : Product Review


I don't review hair products very often because, to be honest, I don't think my hair is anything to rave about. My hair is at its most basic right now; medium length, natural hair color and absolutely no chemical treatments in it. I picked this up months and months ago, I think at Christmas when my sister was in town, and I just started using it recently. Since I'm trying to grow my hair back out to be mermaid long, I figure I need to take care of it now so that it won't be all breaky and horrible.

You guys probably also want to know why type of hair I have. My hair, like my skin, changes depending on the season; in the winter, my hair gets quite dry and frizzy while in spring, summer, and fall, it's very oily. I can go two days without washing my hair in the winter whereas in all other seasons, I'm pushing it at one day without washing. I also have fine hair, but I have quite a bit of it, so my hair is average thickness. Since I have fine hair, I get split ends very easily, which is my biggest concern when I'm trying to grow my hair out. Due to that, I want to keep the ends very moisturized.

That's where this product comes in. I've heard that the Macadamia products can be quite heavy and aren't ideal for fine hair, but I bought this anyway (this is the small size and was roughly $6) to try it out. For all intents and purposes, this is way too heavy for fine hair and would definitely weigh it down. However, since I knew that this was probably heavy, I only applied this to the ends of my hair, which didn't weigh my hair down. 


I shower at night, so I apply this to the ends of my hair after it's been towel dried and work it in with my hands. I use a nickle sized dab of this, because anything more would be way too much for my hair. The first time I used this, I woke up in the morning with little kid soft hair; I kid you not. I have honestly never had my hair feel as soft as it did the first time I used this cream. Unfortunately, my hair hasn't been that soft again since using this, but when I do use this, I still wake up with very soft hair, just not baby soft. You know when you run into a miracle product and you are just astounded by how well it works? Well, this is pretty much how I feel about the Leave-In Cream.

The full size of this is $28 for 10 oz., but the size that I bought is $6.50 for 2 oz. in case you want to try it out as well. Now that I've been using this, I'm very glad that I've been stock piling Macadamia's products* over the last few months. I don't think I could ever use the shampoo and conditioner, but I will definitely be checking out the rest of their hair treatments in the near future. 

Have you guys ever used their products? What do you think of them? Let me know down below!

(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)

*since I knew that I wanted to grow my hair out, any time I see Macadamia's products on sale somewhere, I pick them up... even though I had never used their products. I have their oil and several packets and containers of the deep repair masque. I'll review these once I start using them as well!

3 comments:

  1. I usually use "It's a 10" and the Moroccan oil cream, but this sounds awesome! You know my hair could always use more softness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Macadamia products! My hair has been so much smoother since I've started using Macadamia products, so I'm a big fan:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog when I was looking for a different kin of information but I was very happy and glad to read through your blog. The information available here is great.
    I have some relevant information you can review below
    Auralei Anti-Aging Serum experience
    Auralei Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer order

    ReplyDelete