Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Duochrome Eyes : Tutorial


Duochrome was a trend that was pretty big last year and while it isn't as huge as it was, you can still find quite a bit of eyeshadow that uses duochrome. If you're sitting there thinking "What the hell is duochrome?", let me explain it in the easiest way possible: it's (usually) a shimmer infused product that changes colors from different angles. Do you have nail polish that looks green from one angle and then if you change the angle, it looks blue? Duochrome. It can actually have numerous colors from numerous angles, but most eyeshadows use a two shade duochrome. Keep reading to find out how to get this look!



Eyes

1) Tarte 360 Creaseless Primer
2) Wet N Wild Comfort Zone Palette (shades used are outlined)
3) Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara (product review coming on this!)


Face & Lips

1) Dermablend Quick Fix Concealer in Ivory
2) Kat Von D Everlasting Blush in Belissima (travel size)
3) Wet N Wild Fergie Collection To Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow
4) Too Face Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
5) Maybelline Colow Whisper in Pink Possibilities


Brushes

1) Bare Minerals Dual Ended brush (just the blush side today)
2) Sephora Broad Brush
3) Sephora Blending Brush
4) Missha Medium Base Brush
5) Mayebelline Eyeliner Brush (this comes with the Eye Studio Gel Liner)


Started this tutorial off completely makeupless. I know that this picture isn't humongous, but I wanted to show you that I'm having skin issues right now. I have no idea what's causing it, but it's annoying and it's forcing me to use concealer. 


Face makeup complete. I used my Laura Mercier Silk Crème foundation, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser, and the Dermablend Quick Fix concealer. I only used the quick fix concealer on the acne and I patted it on the skin with my fingers (which were clean!). I powdered like normal and went over the concealed areas carefully so as not to smudge the concealer.


Prime yo lids.


Apply the duochrome shade from the Wet N Wild palette all over the lid and, if you want, wing it out a bit. As you can see, the base color of this shadow is a red brown color and the shimmer in it is a green/blue. I used my Missha brush for this.


This is the only shade I didn't use from the Wet N Wild palette and it's Naked from Urban Decay's Naked and Naked Basic palettes. I wanted something matte for my crease, but if you want to keep the look shimmery, just use the taupe from Comfort Zone. I blended the duochrome shade up to my socket using the Naked shade.


I then took the very pale yellow shade in Comfort Zone and applied that to my brow bone and the inner corner. I also took the Maybelline liner brush and got it wet and applied the dark green shade from Comfort Zone as a liner. I wanted to keep the eye look a bit softer and black liquid or gel liner wouldn't have looked quite right.


I brought the dark green and the duochrome shade under my lower lash line as well.


I filled in my brows (using the Stila eye shadow and Chella gel that I usually use) and added mascara to both top and bottom.


I then applied Belissima to the apple of my cheeks, Milk Chocolate Soleil to my hair line and under my cheek bones (and a dab on the sides of my nose) and took Rose Champagne Glow to my cheekbones and forehead. I also applied Pink Possibilities to my lips to give them just a touch of color.




And there you have it, the completed look. Is this something you guys would try? Let me know down below!

(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment