Thursday, April 4, 2013

Simple & Easy Purple Eyes : Tutorial


One thing about this blog that I am always hoping to achieve is to show you guys looks that are simple and don't require a ton of products to recreate; 90% of the time, I want anyone and everyone to be able to recreate the look. I do plan on getting some more intensive tutorials up here, but often they will be more along the lines of everyday looks. That being said, this is a tutorials for an incredibly simple and pretty purple eye. This will be incredibly flattering if you have green or brown eyes, but it will look good on any eye color. Continue reading to see more!



 Eyes

1) Tarte Clean Slate 360 Creaseless Eye Primer
2) NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese
3) Wet 'N Wild Single Shadow in #305 Glamrock
4) Tokidoki Cromatico Shadow in Killer Candy
5) BH Cosmetics Single Shadow Pan in BHWS16
6) Maybelline Line Stiletto
7) Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara


Lips

1) Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade
2) Revlon Lip Butter in Sorbet


Tools

1) Real Techniques Shading Brush
2) Missha Professional Base Shadow Brush
3) Sephora Professionals Small Shadow Brush
4) Revlon Eyelash Curler


It's about time to do an update foundation routine, but I am again wearing Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation, but this time in Cream Ivory. I had a sample of Rose Ivory, but it was far too pink for me and it made my skin really orange. I have basically fallen in love with this foundation and will most likely purchasing a full size of it. Everything else remains the same as it has been.


As always, I prime my eyes with my Tarte primer. I am going to use another "base" on top of this, but I wanted to apply this first to make sure nothing creases.


I applied my NYX pencil in Cottage Cheese over the primer and blended it out. Since I am going to use a nude colored shadow, I want to make sure that I can make it show up as much as possible, hence this base.


I apply the nude shimmery color all over the inside half of my eyelid and all over the brown bone; I used the base shadow brush for this.


I took my small shadow brush and pressed Glamrock into the outer half of my lid and a bit into the crease.


Killer Candy is a much warmer purple and has a lot of pink undertones, so if you have brown eyes, look for something like that versus a very cool purple (like Glamrock). Since I have grayish greenish eyes, I used Killer Candy to blend the purple into the nude shimmer shade with the shading brush.


Here's how your eyes should look at this point. Remember to keep your own eye and eyelid shape in mind. Since I have small lid spaces, I tend to bring the color up above the crease a little bit.


I then took more Glamrock on my small shadow brush and brought it under my eye. If you have very dark circles under your eyes, either skip this step or make sure that you have heavily concealed. If you don't conceal or can't completely conceal under your eyes AND apply the purple, it can tend to add to the appearance of your circles.


I applied my typical liner and then curled my lashes (crazy, I know!) and applied mascara to top and bottom lashes.


I swiped a pink blush on and then applied a mixture of the Pink Lemonade and Sorbet lip butters to my lips.



And there you have it, would you guys wear this look? Let me know in the comments below!

(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment