Tuesday, April 16, 2013

OCC Lip Tar : Product Review


More product reviews! I've gotten so much new stuff recently and I want to tell you guys all about it, but obviously I have to test the products out before I can do that. This is a very recent purchase, but I can tell you about it pretty much immediately because I've tested this certain shade numerous times and have previously owned a lip tar. To find out more about this "lip tar", keep reading.




The shade that I picked up most recently is Nylon, which is available at Sephora for $18. When you buy a lip tar, you get the actual lip product and a brush in a cute little plastic bag. Nylon is a very, very bright pink (blue based) and is very similar to MAC's Candy Yum Yum lipstick. 


The insert in the bag has instructions on how to apply the lip tar. I personally do not use the 'clear' OCC Lip Tar to prep, I just use a chapstick and then rub it off. Which brings me to the first point about OCC Lip Tars... if your lips are chapped or have any flakey skin on them, this is not the product to use (in any shade). The Lip Tars are very long wearing and they will really bring out the chapped appearance on your lips. Basically, your lips need to be in tip top shape to be wearing this. For most products, that would be a deal breaker for me, but this stuff is so magical that I don't care.

You literally need a bead sized amount of this stuff to get super saturated color that will wear all day. If you put chapstick underneath like I do, it will rub off a bit, but that would happen with any lip color applied over chapstick. 


I use the brush that comes with the product and apply about that much to the brush and then apply directly to my lips. You do need to work the color into your lips, but the brush makes it easy to precisely apply and blend in. 


And here is the color on my lips. It is so bright and so amazing and it honestly lasts all day. Nylon might not be the right shade for everyone, but that's the great thing about Lip Tars; they come in a rainbow assortment. I'm serious when I say rainbow assortment, you can get them in anything from a peachy nude to blue. The other great thing about the lip tars is that they are easy to blend together so that you can create custom shades or just tone down certain colors.

This tube is going to last me for forever, so the $18 price tag doesn't bother me at all. I highly recommend you go check out available shades and go pick one of these up for yourself!


(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)





4 comments:

  1. Great review! I did not know this could last all day, looks like I am purchasing this.

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I applied this (for the little review) at about 5:30 and it was still on after playing a game of softball and eating a soup dinner. It is a great little product!

      Delete
  2. are they a sephora exclusive? I don't really have a sephora nearby, and ordering online is sooo dangerous for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that Nylon is a Sephora exclusive, but I know that you can get the other shades through OCC's website, Beauty.com, and Sephora.com. Online shopping is dangerous! If you want to order through Sephora, they do have a 15% off your entire purchase deal going on right now if you enter the code CHIC.

      Delete