Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bubblegum Lip Scrub : Product Review


If you recall, I did a post on red lipstick several months ago and I talked about the importance of lip exfoliating. While there are many methods to exfoliating the lips, I generally prefer sugar scrubs because they're fairly natural and it doesn't require me to buy a baby toothbrush (or use an old one) and accidentally scrub the crap out of my mouth. After using the Fresh brand scrub, I decided to branch out and try one from Lush. Keep reading to find out what I think of it.



First, if you've never heard of Lush, you should go check them out on the interwebs, they're a cool company that makes everything as naturally as possible and each product that you buy from them has a "Made by ______" sticker on it so that you know a human being made it. I had decided to pick up this lip scrub because I had heard so many good things about it; I was not disappointed. To begin with, the Fresh Sugar Scrub is all I had ever used besides a toothbrush, but it left some things to be desired. The Fresh brand, while I like it, is more of a paste and it doesn't taste all that good. This lip scrub, is almost completely sugar and is less paste-y and the best perk of all, you just lick your lips when you're done with it.


You may be asking if it is as effective as Fresh's scrub and the answer to that is yes. Since this is not a paste consistency, it is a bit rougher on the lips but not in a bad way. It allows for exfoliation to happen a bit faster, you can do it just by rubbing your lips together, and you like I said above, you just lick your lips when you're done. I picked up the bubblegum flavor because it spoke to me the most, but they also have Mint Juleps and Popcorn. 

So, above working a bit better, this scrub is only $10 whereas the Fresh brand is $22.50. I will use up my other scrub, but I think that I have just found it's replacement. All in all, this is an awesome product, it smells great, it does the job it says, and at $10, you can afford to pick it up.

What do you guys think? Will you be picking one of these up?

(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)



No comments:

Post a Comment