It's finally spring! While it doesn't really feel like it here (we have snow in the forecast for the next four days, hooray...), it means that bright lip colors are on the horizon and that makes me happy. This is just a quick guide to some of my favorite bright and more subdued spring lip colors. I have glosses, sheer lip colors, and lipsticks, so there's something for everyone. Keep reading to see some of my picks!
For our first round of swatches, I used all lipsticks and they are a mix of high end and drugstore. Before we begin, I want to remind you that these colors are on my arm and they may not translate the same way to your face (aka they're probably brighter on your face). Let's begin!
1) Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Shocking Coral
2) Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Vivid Rose
-Both of these shades are amazing and incredibly pigmented. They also smell really good, like they have a hint of some sort of oil in them. It's not overpowering at all, it just makes them not have that typical lipstick smell. These are a great bang for your buck and if these two shades don't ticle your fancy, Maybelline has 8 more shades in this line.
3) MAC Viva Glam Nicki - This is the original shade and it is still available on their website. This is a really bubblegum pink color and definitely requires your lips to be in good shape, otherwise you will see all of the flaws. Beyond that, it's a MAC lipstick, so the quality is good.
4) NARS Satin Lipstick in Niagara - This shade is a more orange based coral whereas Shocking Coral was more pink based.
5) Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Matte Lipstick in shade 103 - This is a shade that I would deem "my lips but better" because that's what it looks like on my face. It's very natural, very nice, and and it is matte which is going to be a big trend this spring.
And the second round of swatches is all drugstore and if you read this blog regularly, you will recognize a few.
6) Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti - This shade is super orange, but it's also really sheer (I rubbed it on my arm a few times). Perfect if you want to experiment with orange but don't want to buy a true lipstick!
7) Maybelline Color Whisper in Pinup Peach - Also very sheer, but peach is a great all around shade regardless of the season.
8) Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Killer Watt (Limited Edition)
9) Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Strawberry
- These glosses have a great pigmentation to them and they aren't overly sticky. Killer Watt is limited edition, but is out now if you can find it.
10) NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan - Another great matte pink color, but this is a tad more pink than the Kate Moss shade. This lip cream is also fairly long lasting and packs a punch with pigmentation.
I hope this gives you guys some inspiration for the spring season!
(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)