Wednesday, February 13, 2013

NYFW Look : Tutorial


This is a look that is so incredibly simple but so incredibly edgy at the same time. The face is bare, the lips are neutral and the only thing that sets this look apart from a natural look is the bold, graphic liner at the top of the lid rather than the lash line. If you think that you're bold enough to rock this look, keep reading for the products I used and closer shots.



So here's the look on Cara Delevingne at Rag & Bone.



1) Mica Beauty gel eyeliner in Black - This wasn't the best product to use for this look, I would recommend a liquid liner or a better gel line, like Stila Smudge Pot
2) They're Real by Benefit 
3) Jordana Easy Liner in Tawny
4) NARS lipstick in Crusing


I applied my foundation in the morning and did this in the afternoon. In the pictures from the Rag & Bone show, their skin didn't look perfect and airbrushed; it looked like they had maybe just applied moisturizer or tinted moisturizer. 

 
And step one (of the two that this look takes). I added the graphic liner starting in the middle of my eyelid and pulled it out to the far edge of my eyebrow. I noticed at the show that the liner was different for each model, so I'm guessing that they did it based on the shape of the models' eyelids. I then took the tip of the mascara wand and used it to bunch my lashes together in little clumps. The look at the show was a reference to 60s mod look, so I wanted to make my lashes look a little Twiggy-esque.


I then lined my lips with Tawny, swiped on Cruising, and then blended it with my fingers. No blush, no highlighter, no anything else.


At an angle...

 
 And from the side. I don't know, something about this look just spoke to me and I like it a lot. What do you guys think? Would you rock something like this? Let me know down below!



No comments:

Post a Comment