Thursday, February 21, 2013

L'Oréal Colour Riche Caresse : Product Review


You guys, this snow stuff is throwing everything off and I had to shovel... and go sledding. Anyway, back to posting! For the next product review of this week, we have a lipstick that I bought several months ago. I have used this many many times, so I feel fairly well qualified to tell you all about this lipstick. Keep reading to find out more!



Like I said previously, I bought this several months ago and it has quickly become one of my favorite lip products. I own this in the shade Blushing Sequin and I think that the color has a lot to do with why I like this so much, but I also like the formula. The lipstick packs a pretty big punch in this shade since it's so very pink, but it is also slightly sheer so you can apply it lightly and just get a nice pink sheen or layer it for a very pink look. This has more color than the Colour Riche Balm that L'Oréal makes, but I think that it feels the same on the lips. It doesn't feel like a lipstick but is a bit thinner than a balm, making it feel heavenly on the lips. 


Now, just a little bit of a breakdown for you readers. L'Oréal is a very large cosmetics company and owns many other companies, including YSL. So, many of L'Oréal's products are incredibly similar to those produced by YSL. They aren't the exact same quality, but they are fairly good dupes and this is one of those products. YSL just released (in America) the Rouge Volupté Shine and this is almost an exact match for #6. I happen to have bought that shade when I was in France last year and the two are seriously close, L'Oréal retails for about $9 and the YSL is $34. 

If you're on the lookout for a new lipstick that packs a punch but isn't as heavy as traditional lipsticks, then this is definitely the product for you!

(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)


No comments:

Post a Comment