Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dermablend Professional Quick-Fix Concealer : Product Review


When I was a kid, I knew a woman who used Dermablend products to cover up a portwine stain she had on her face, so the brand has forever been associated in my head with extreme cover. I still think that to this day because Dermablend kind of prides themselves on their amazing coverage abilities (google Rick Genest Dermablend and you will see what I'm talking about). I saw this item in the Birchbox shop and decided to buy it because I've been in need of a concealer and I had some points to use up. Keep reading to find out what I think of this product.



This is a stick concealer which generally means really full coverage and I can say that this concealer follows suit.Another thing about stick concealers and full coverage concealers is that they have a tendency to be thick and draw a lot of attention to fine lines. In fact, the only stick concealer that I've heard of that gives full coverage and doesn't really settle in lines is Clé de Peau's and it's $70 (ouch...). 

I wasn't sure what to expect with this concealer, but it really delivers. I have been using this under my eyes for the last week and it doesn't settle in the lines at all! I've also been using this on some blemishes that cropped up and it covers them right up. The best thing about this concealer is how creamy to consistency is, something I never would have expected. This concealer also has SPF 30, but doesn't have a sunscreen smell to it.

This concealer isn't the least expensive product in the world, but it is a really good quality product, so the $23 price tag doesn't bother me too much. I've tried so many other concealers with really disappointing results (ahem, MAC Studio Finish) that I find a little solace knowing that I've found a good one. The other thing about the price is that a concealer stick will most likely last you quite a while, even if you use it every single day. 

What are some of your favorite stick concealers? Are you tempted to try this one? Let me know in the comments below!

(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment