Monday, February 18, 2013

Day to Night Eyes : Tutorial


Well, this tutorial is going up a few days later than intended, but here it is. I wanted to look cute on Valentine's day but I didn't want to have to completely redo my makeup for later that night. Keep reading for how to transition from a day to night eye look.



Here's what I used to transition:

1) Too Faced Romantic Eyes Palette - I used this for both day and night
2) Sephora Glitter Liner in Sunset Copper
3) Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Rose
4) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey




So here is the day look; very simple and clean without the use of any bold or bright colors. I kept with Valentine's colors and had light pink as my base, with some lavender on the outer corners, and a matte purple in the crease. The key here is that I did my eyeliner how I wanted it to look later in the day too.


Also, if you're going from day to night, you're typically going to be applying darker shadows, so you don't have to worry about eye shadow fall out showing up on your lashes. You can always apply more mascara afterward, but I don't like the feeling that it creates, so for me, eyeliner and mascara remain untouched from day to night. And one more word on the liner; if you wear something basic during the day, that can always be exaggerated for night. I just want you to be away that if you're trying to transition and you did some crazy eyeliner for the day, plan your night look around that too.



The first thing I did was take the dark brown shade from my Too Faced palette and applied that to the crease, slightly above, and slightly below. I left the lid mostly bare so that it doesn't interfere with my final step. I blended this out to make it slightly softer and rounder.


I then took the matte cream shade from the palette and applied that to my brow bone, inner corner, and a little bit up the inner side of my eye.


I then applied the Sephora glitter liner on the areas that I left "bare". From this view, the glitter looks a bit patchy, but keep in mind that this is incredibly direct lighting that shows all of the empty spots. Glitter is very forgiving in the fact that it doesn't have to be perfectly applied to look thick. I hate the feeling of really glopped on glitter, so this was good for me.


And the eyes completed. I did not retouch my mascara or liner, I just worked around them.


I added a touch more blush and applied my Revlon balm stain in Honey. I kept the rest of my face fairly neutral because my dress for the night was literally covered in gold sequins; I didn't want to overpower.



And as you can see, from a distance, the glitter melds together and you can't see the spaces. What do you guys think? Easy enough?

(all photos by Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)











No comments:

Post a Comment