Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cute Valentine's Day Makeup : Tutorial


So after some subdued date night makeup yesterday, I thought I would do something more comfortable and more makeup loving for today. As much as I profess disdain for Valentine's Day, I do enjoy all of the pink and red and hearts, because those are three things that I absolutely love. I decided to do an all pink look again, that is just a bit different and a little bit simpler than the previous pink look. Keep reading to find out how to get this look.


Let's start off with all of the products used (foundation routine and eye primer left out)


We have:
1) NYX Jumbo Shadow Pencil in Cottage Cheese
2) Urban Decay eyeshadow in Woodstock
3) Smashbox Photo Op shadow trio in Head Shot - I only used the golden white shade
4) Maybelline Line Stiletto in Blackest Black
5) They're Real mascara by Benefit
6) Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Frisky
7) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart
8) Pantone by Sephora Lip Luster Lipstick in Almost Apricot - completely optional!

And some quick swatches for you...


1) Woodstock
2) White shade from Smashbox trio
3) Frisky (blush)
4) Sweetheart (lips)

And let's get started!


Foundation routine and eye primer complete. I think I've gotten even more pale than I was a few weeks ago when I started this blog. Some people get a summer tan; I get a winter pale.


I applied the NYX pencil all over my lid and then blended it in with my finger. I also applied it on the brown bone and near my tear duct.



I took the white shade from the Smashbox trio and applied it to the inner third of eye, in the corner, and up on the brow bone.


I then took Woodstock and pressed it into the out half of my eyelid. I pressed it in because I'm going to blend it out, so I want it more pigmented to begin with.


I then blended in Woodstock and added more color to my blending brush as I saw fit. I want it to retain the magenta color and not blend out completely to a pale pink.


And here's how the eyes look all blended and pre-liner mascara.


I added a healthy line of mascara and winged it and generous coats of mascara. I applied a bit of Woodstock under my eye on the out corner, so I took the end of my mascara brush and and rubbed it on the outer lashes to avoid a sickly appearance.


I took Frisky and applied it lightly to my cheeks. Frisky is a very bold shade and it is really pigmented, so I apply with a light hand. If you have darker skin, Frisky would be a great shade for you!


I swiped on Sweetheart and put a dab of Almost Apricot in the middle of my lips for a bit of dimension. That is why I put in the "tools" section that it was a completely optional item; it's not necessary at all, I just wanted to do it.


To make things a little more fun, I added a heart to my cheek à la Marina and the Diamonds.


Et voila! 



 And with slightly different lighting...


Would you guys rock something like this for Valentine's Day? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment