What's in my Bag?
For reasons unknown, I find it incredibly fascinating to know what other people carry around in their makeup bags or purses. I've decided to share with you what I carry in my makeup bag for every day use. This isn't every item that currently sits in my bag, because some of those things I barely use or are really boring (i.e. tweezers - I used Tweezerman by the way). The picture above is my current makeup bag, which is a LeSportsac bag I picked up on clearance at DSW about 2 years ago. I've decided to break this up into categories, so let's dive right in!
1) My go-to foundation is my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Crème Compact in Blush. This is in my every day makeup because I don't need to use a brush or my fingers to apply it; it comes with a sponge applicator and it goes on smoothly whether I put on moisturizer before or not. When I have more time, I will use liquid foundation, but I usually reserve that for weekends or going out.
2) I have been using this every day since I bought it, the Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles in Light. I have other concealers that I use occasionally for my face, but I don't wear them very often. This is formulated specifically for the under eye area, it's light and it gives great coverage; can't ask for more than that.
3) My powder is something that I actually change out somewhat often and it's because I'm not incredibly picky about it. I really like my Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder in Light, but it's pretty expensive and I can't imagine that I'll repurchase it. The one that I have now, I got about 3 years ago in a big Smashbox kit and only started using it about a year ago. It's nice because it has grinder in it, so you only grind as much as you need and the lid locks, but somehow this powder manages to get everywhere if I travel with it. The other powder that I use a lot of the time is L'Oreal True Match.
4) My little Smashbox Kabuki Brush which came with the Halo powder. I use this to apply any powder to my face, it's one of my favorite brushes.
1) I use my Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Redhead pretty much every day as my luminizer. I brush this over the tops of my cheek bones, down the bridge of my nose, across my forehead, and on my chin. I know that it seems counter intuitive to put something "shiny" across your T-zone, but I find that it doesn't look shiny, it just gives a nice glow.
2) One of my favorite blushes of the moment, Benefit Coralista. I bought this in a travel set with one of their highlighters (Sunbeam, you can find the set on Sephora.com), so that's why it's in this strange little package. I actually prefer to use travel or sample sized makeup in my every day makeup bag so that it leaves more space for other things.
3) Another brush that came in a kit. I can't remember the name of the kit that this one came in, but it is Bare Minerals brush that came in a holiday themed package. It's a two sided brush, one side is a blush/powder brush and the other is an eye brush. I actually use both sides, so it's a perfect brush for every day or travel.
1) As of recent, I've been using Tarte Clean Slate 360° Creaseless 12-hr Smoothing Eye Primer. Again, this is a travel sized item and I got it in a 3-pack of primers from Tarte. I have received so many primers in complimentary sample packs, that I really can't justify buying an eye primer. On the plus side, I've tried out a lot of primers and this one is really good; definitely recommend it. My other favorite primer is by NARS and I have a new sample of that waiting to be used.
2) This is a trio of Stila Eyeshadows and I have no idea what it is called. I know that I bought it on Sephora.com and it was $12 and that the lightest shade is Kitten. For a while, Sephora.com had all of these limited edition 3-color palette's from Stila and they all had names that were cities or streets... I think this was called Morocco. I'm sad that they don't have any more of these, because it was an amazing deal and these are some of my absolute favorite shadows.
3) More travel size! They're Real by Benefit and I just started using this mascara. I enjoy it quite a bit and I normally don't like plastic bristled macara wands. I just got done with a sample of Lancôme Defencils, which is another good mascara.
4) If you frequent my blog, then you saw this product the other day: Maybelline Line Stiletto in Blackest Black. Hands down, favorite liquid liner of the last few years.
1) Carmex Lip Balm in Strawberry. I usually keep things really simple on my lips, so lip balm it is. Some of my other favorite balms are Maybelline Baby Lips and Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment.
2) If I'm going to wear color, I like to stick with something sheer and moisturizing, so Revlon Lip Butter is one of my favorites and I own roughly 10 of these lipsticks. I also like the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain and a tried and true, Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey.
What do you guys carry in your makeup bag from day to day?
(All photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)